Swiss Roll – A Mary Berry Recipe
♥ 125g of Caster Sugar
♥ 125g of Self-Raising Flour
♥ 4 Medium Eggs
♥ 4 Tbsp of Raspberry Jam
♥ Icing Sugar to Sprinkle
- Start by preheating your oven to 220C, Gas Mark 7.
- Then line a Swiss Roll tin with baking parchment then lightly butter the parchment.
- Place the eggs and the sugar in a bowl and using an electric whisk on a high heat, whisk until pale and thick, and a trail is left when the whisk is lifted.
- Sift the flour into the mixture and fold in thoroughly, but gently.
- Pour the mixture into the lined tin and spread it out evenly.
- Bake the sponge for 10-12 minutes, until it is golden brown and coming away from the edges of the tin.
- Place a sheet of baking paper slightly larger than the tin on your work surface and liberally dust with caster sugar.
- Invert the sponge onto the parchment and peel off the parchment attached to the sponge and leave to cool for a few minutes
- Roll the sponge and baking parchment together and once rolled leave for 2-3 minutes.
- Unroll the sponge and using warm jam spread it on the sponge making sure to leave a 1 inch gap around the edge.
- Roll up the sponge fairly tightly making sure all the jam stays inside.
- Lightly dust the Swiss Roll with icing sugar and it’s ready to serve!
Songs I Listened to Whilst Baking:
- Damselfly – Loyle Carner, Tom Misch
- Doing Me – RAY BLK
- The Feeling – The Citrus Clouds
- High on Humans – Oh Wonder
- It Ain’t Wrong Loving You – HONNE
- For You – Fyfe
- OctaHate – Ryn Weaver
- There’s Nothing Holding Me Back – Shawn Mendes
(p.s. Check out all these songs and artists because they are amazing!)